The Department of Education continues with its aim of improving governance by providing tools that promote a culture of collaboration and communication and improve performance of tasks. With this, guidelines on the use and administration of Microsoft 365 for Education are hereby disseminated. (Policy).
All learners in your school, based on the LESF as of August 7, 2020 have been issued Microsoft 365 for Education accounts. Their account credentials (username and password) can be accessed thru their MS O365 Outlook inbox. Please ensure that this data be kept confidential, and shared only with the concerned account owners, their parents and/or their section advisers.
Be advised that students must activate their Microsoft 365 for Education accounts and setup self-service password reset. The instructions can be found in this link (Instruction File).
A separate account has been created for you to reset the password of learner accounts which can be accessed thru [admin.microsoft.com ]admin.microsoft.com by October 5, 2020. Your Division IT Officer will provide technical assistance on this matter.
SCHOOL ICT ADMINISTRATOR
GSUITE FOR EDUCATION
- The School ICT Administrator will receive an email in the School Email (SchoolID@deped.gov.ph) that a file has been shared. The email is a standard Google notification email. The file in Google Sheets format contains the School ICT Coordinator’s user account credentials for the learners tenant.
- Using the new credentials, the School ICT Administrator should access the Google Drive on the Learner Tenant (Username: schoolID@region.deped.gov.ph).
- In the Drive, there is a directory which contains the learner credentials of students in his/her school.
- The School ICT Administrator may reset learner account passwords using the same credentials thru admin.google.com.
MICROSOFT 365 EDUCATION
- The School ICT Administrator will receive an email in the School Email (SchoolID@deped.gov.ph) containing links to the following:
- Guidelines on the Use and Administration of G Suite for Education and Microsoft 365 Education
- Instruction file for students on accessing Microsoft 365 Education and Setting up Self-Service Password Reset
- SharePoint folder containing learner account credentials
- Included in the email is the school administrator user account credentials for the regional tenant (schoolID@region.deped.gov.ph) to reset the password of learner accounts which can be accessed thru admin.microsoft.com by October 5, 2020.
DO NOT SHARE the user account credentials with unauthorized personnel.